Tuesday, June 29, 2010

16 down, 12 to go...

More than halfway through my radiation treatments! I'm starting to get the pink "sunburned" square on my left side. It doesn't hurt very much except when the seatbelt rubs against my skin. My eyes keep getting heavier and heavier, so fatigue is setting in. I slept 10 hours last night and could still go for a nap.

Yesterday I had a checkup with the oncologist. She says it looks like I'm golden. She asked if it felt like I was cured, I said maybe it will when I'm done with radiation treatment. It's hard to switch mentality from "I have cancer" to "I had cancer", especially when there is so much fighting left to do.

My oncologist said to me "You're only 28? That's disgusting. Well, 29 should be a better year for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment