Friday, June 4, 2010

Radiation Run Through

Today was my dry run for radiation. They sat me on a table for an hour while the radiation machine (usually nicknamed the cyclops because it has one big eye looking thing) took some pictures of me. They were trying to see where all my vital organs are so that they won't damage them with the radiation beam. They also gave me another tattoo today (my fourth). They look like tiny blue freckles. Since I'm an enginerd I call them my datum tattoos.

They say the worst of the side effects will be a skin reaction, like a sunburn, on the affected area and towards the end of treatment I will feel fatigued. It should be a breeze compared to chemo. I am going to have a total of 28 treatments, 5 times a week for the better part of six weeks. July 14th my treatments are DONE! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe....Datum tats. I nerd giggled when I read that. So what super powers are you hoping the radiation gives you?

    ReplyDelete