Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Chemo Regimen

I am more than halfway through with my chemo treatments! I finished my AC (Adriamycin and Cytoxan) and have moved on to the Taxol. Usually the Adriamycin is the hardest to tolerate, and causes the worst side effects as far as nausea is concerned. My oncology nurses were surprised I was still able to work while undergoing AC.

The Taxol was a lot easier on me. They started me with an IV bag of anti-nausea and benadryl (some people have an allergic reaction) which actually made me nauseous so they gave me some Ativan to help with that. After that it was night-night time for Cristal. I haven't had any nausea or queasiness. I haven't even needed my anti-nausea meds. Yippeee!

The worst part about the Taxol is that it causes achiness. My ankles and knees hurt which makes it difficult for me to sleep comfortably at night. This really doesn't help with the fact that I'm fatigued to begin with. Plus, weirdly enough, the bottom of my feet hurt so it makes it annoying to walk around.

Other than that, things are going ok! I'm in the home stretch for chemo.

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Almost done!!

    Go get a massage.. ;)

    -Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy the worst medicine is over! How was the race?

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally proud of you, honey, that you're in the home stretch and survivin! you go, girl! you are my hero and i adore you. i start chemo on monday, the 8th, it'll be pill form, though...so, yippee!...but with all the same side effects. i'll blog and let you know the rest....love you with all my heart!
    aunt crack

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were a trooper Cristal with that new treatment!! Your mom was right on the ball with that nurse!! Boy when the Ativan came it was dream time for you!!! I looked over at you to say goodby and you were sleeping like an angel baby!! You truly are our warrior princess with style!!! Love you girl and it was a privilege to spend a fun few days with you and Team Hydo!!! You are so rich with love from your friends and family!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete