Thursday, January 7, 2010

All's well on the western front

I went in for my checkup this morning and everything is going great. The nurse practitioner could not even feel the tumor at all, and this is just after 3 treatments. Of course we're going to finish up with the remaining five because after we kill the cancer we're going to kill it a few more times for good measure.

The nurse practitioner was really pleased at how little of the side effects I've been seeing. My energy levels have been good. The nausea hasn't been too bad. My white and red blood cell counts are really good. I haven't had fevers. She says I'm a testament for someone else going through treatment. I guess I'm the 'best case'.

She also told me that the current cocktail mix (AC) is usually worse on people, so that means one more of the bad kind and then smooth sailing. I might have a bad reaction to the Taxotere, but since I've been kicking this like a rock star so far I'm banking on things going well.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy to read such a positive report! Make sure you kill it lots of times. Just to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.. In the words of Joe Dirt.. Keep on keeping on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Cristal, I'm so happy that you are kicking "C" so well. tante Ginie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news Cristal! I'm thinking about you and praying like mad for this to be a memory for you. Stay strong! Jane DeLue

    ReplyDelete